Tuesday, January 6, 2009

$25 in 45

While driving to meet a friend for lunch on Saturday, I discovered a Jo-Ann Fabrics. So I simply had to stop in on my way home and scope it out. Forty-five minutes later, I got back in my car, $25 poorer. But look at the awesome stuff I got!

They had some nice sales on yarn, and I got these wool/synthetic skeins for less than $2 each --they're made in Italy and amazingly soft. I might try to knit something with the blue yarn if I ever finish the scarf I'm attempting to make for Daniel. The russet yarn... I'm so making myself something from it, I just adore it. If there had been more than one skein of it, I would have gotten more. I'll have to go back and see if they restock it! As for the orange... dunno yet. I'll think of something!

I also got these fabric quarters for 99 cents each! I've got an idea for a new product for Huggermugger, and this fabric will be perfect for it. More on that new idea as it coalesces.

Yay -- another craft store not too far away! Me happy.

And in other news, Jenn of TheOldOakTree featured me on her blog, 365 Days of Etsy! I haven't had a sale since November, so maybe this exposure will help business pick up a little.

2 comments:

  1. Love that yarn! I am a sucker for primary colors. And I can't wait to see what you'll be sewing up for the shop with your fat quarters.

    And thanks for rubbing my nose in all your glorious sunshine. :) I wanted to paint every room a differnt shade of blue but perhaps white is the way to go. Or maybe light blues.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think they make paint that has like a lustrous, semi-reflective finish specifically designed to make rooms lighter. I bet the people at Lowe's or Home Depot would have good tips for you.

    This is like the third time I've bought a bunch of yarn "just because" -- I really need to start doing something with it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Stay and chat, won't you?