Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Easy-Peasy Apple Dumplings


I made these last night for the first time, and they're very yummy! Though my hubby thinks we should have baked the apple quarters for a few minutes before wrapping them, as the apples were still pretty solid and not always easy to cut. So you may want to try that. But here's the recipe:

Easy-Peasy Apple Dumplings

2 apples -- cored and quartered
1 can large and flaky biscuits (8-count)
1 cup water
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 stick butter
dash cinnamon

Boil water, sugar, butter, and cinnamon for ten minutes., stirring occasionally. Spread each biscuit out to at least 6" diameter, wrap one apple quarter in each biscuit, pinching edges shut. Place on greased baking sheet. Pour sugar mixture over dumplings. Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes.

See? Easy-peasy!

2 comments:

  1. Wow! Cool notecards at the top of this post! I really like those - how unique.

    Jackie
    www.etsyitemoftheday.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! (Though I think you mean the post after this one.) I'm considering buying some of those notecards myself, they're just so cool!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Stay and chat, won't you?