Thursday, May 10, 2012

Progress Report #3

Thanks to being gone a week, then my hubby being sick for a week, my efforts at transforming my big mess into a cozy crafting zone have been somewhat derailed.  I'm back on track at last, though -- my husband and the kids finished putting together my new cubby last night, and I reorganized where things are situated so the table can be by the light and the cubby can be by my plastic storage tubs.  Here's how it's looking:


Still a sad, sad mess, isn't it?  But I haven't gotten anything put in the cubby yet.  Hoping that makes a big difference!

And yes, I was hoping for a white cubby, but Target was out of the white cubes, so I went with this wood look instead.  Matches the table better anyway.  I'm working on knitting sides for a storage basket to go into a backless cube, though because I'm a very slow knitter, I only have one side done and another started.  I'm using that cheery green/blue yarn you can see in one of the cubes because it precisely matches something crazy I hope to store lots of yarn in (instead of that stack of four cardboard boxes to the left).

1 comment:

  1. I got an idea for stiffening your knitted storage cubes from a friend at the yarn store I go to on Friday afternoons. I'll tell you all about it when you get here next week. I think it's the best idea yet. You can post about it if you decide you like it. :-) Meanwhile, all your readers who read this can just be in suspense...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Stay and chat, won't you?