Thursday, March 8, 2012

Spring in the Air!

Cherry tree?
Spring has arrived in our neck of the woods!  The tree out front is getting these lovely pink flowers -- I'm thinking it's some kind of cherry tree.  Since we've only lived here since August, I have no idea what's planted where, or what might burst into bloom next.  There are two Bradford pear trees in the back, that much I know, and those should bloom any day now.  We also have what appear to be a couple forsythia bushes back there.  There seem to be a few little perennials popping up along one side wall.  I need to figure out a way to mark where they are so I don't plant anything on top of them.

This year I'm not doing anything in the ground since I don't know what might be where, but I'm planning a small container garden for back by our deck.  And as you saw last Friday, we're preparing to plant a small garden too.


The kids and I picked a bunch of tiny wildflowers yesterday.  I suppose they're technically weeds, but they look sweet in my new little vase.


I bought this little gem from Etsy shop AranelDesigns:  The Ring and the Lion.  It's a shop full of Middle Earth- and Narnia-inspired pieces.  This vase says "For the love of things that grow" around the top, handlettered in Elvish.  It looks black here because it's reflecting my black counter top, but it's really a deep blue and brown.  I love it!

2 comments:

  1. Oh, it's so lovely! What a fun way to celebrate spring. It really warms my heart to see the pictures of the flowers in the vase. Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Stay and chat, won't you?