Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Rainy Days Inspire Me

Does rain inspire you?  I write so well when it rains.  I get a lot of cleaning done on rainy days.  I even seem to get more new ideas for craft projects on rainy days than when it's dry.  Take this rainy day, for example:  I've finished a short-short story, folded 2 loads of laundry, and come up with an idea for a new flower pattern.  And it's not even lunchtime yet!

I used to think I got all creative when it rained because I was stuck inside, but I don't think that's it.  Snow doesn't inspire me -- when it snows, I just want to watch the snow fall.  Or curl up with a book and some hot chocolate.  Maybe it's because rain usually cools things down, and I'm much happier cool than hot.  Or maybe my brain makes some sort of subconscious connection between rain replenishing the earth and my brain replenishing itself.  I don't know.  Whatever it is, I love it :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! Stay and chat, won't you?