Saturday, February 18, 2012

Craftsy, Here I Come!

For months, I've been seeing links to Craftsy, ads for Craftsy, people talking about how much they love Craftsy.  So I decided to check it out, and whaddaya know?  It's cool!  I think they had me hooked when I spotted the "Dipped, Dusted, and Rolled Handmade Chocolates" course.  A lot of the courses are too pricey for my budget -- and honestly, with my 3 little ones around, I don't have enough time for them -- but the workshops are definitely something I could get into.  And best of all, they have a pattern store that they are now allowing independent designers to add patterns to!

And guess what?  I'm an independent designer.  So my project for this long weekend is to get my patterns listed there.  Craftsy doesn't charge any fees for selling patterns through them, unlike Etsy and Ravelry (though I've yet to sell enough in a month on Ravelry to need to pay them).  And their interface is pretty easy for uploading and listing new things.

So if you haven't been to Craftsy yet, I recommend checking it out and seeing what you could learn.  And if you're already there, look me up :-)  Like everywhere else, you'll find me under the name Huggermugger.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the recommendation- I haven't had time to look at that site yet and now know I need to!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Stay and chat, won't you?