Monday, February 15, 2010

Interview with TheSquareGrammy

I'm doing a new series of blog posts, starting today. Every Monday for the next few weeks, I'll be posting an interview with a fellow Etsy shop owner. Part of that interview will be for you to get to know them, and part of it will be for them to recommend a book or author. I know a lot of you, gentle readers, are book lovers like me, so I thought this would be a cool way to bring you some new recommendations.


My first interviewee is none other than my own mom. Her shop is called The Square Grammy. Read on to learn more!

What is your name?


My name is Beverly Ohlendorf.

Where are you right now?

I live in Taylorsville, NC

How did you choose the name of your Etsy shop?

I chose the name of my shop because Daniel calls me "Grammy", and we crocheters make Granny Squares, and I'm kinda "square" sometimes (maybe more often than just sometimes) so it all kinda fits together. I like puns.

When did you learn to create the things you sell in your shop?

I've been crocheting all my life. My mom taught me to crochet when I was very little, before I could read or write, I always say. I don't remember not being able to crochet.

I've recently learned hairpin lace, and I'd really like to learn how to make some things to sell out of it. Right now it's just a fun thing to do, but I'd like to be able to create things that look good with it.

What author are you recommending today?

I really like books by Jodi Picoult. I only read certain books by her though, because they're about controversial topis, and some of the topics she writes on are, frankly, not my "cup of tea". I really loved "Plain Truth", "Nineteen Minutes", and "My Sister's Keeper".

Why do her books appeal to you?

Jodi has a very compelling style of writing that keeps you reading late into the night. Her topics are so thought-provoking, and she keeps you guessing right up to the end.

Anything else you'd like to add?

I'd like to offer my Snowflake Scarf for 10% off for just your readers. They can convo me and tell me they're from your blog and I'll give it to them for the discount.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! Stay and chat, won't you?