Thursday, January 28, 2010

Huggermugger Hats, Babies, and Friends

At last, I've created a hat worthy of the title Huggermugger! Ever since I opened shop, I've been wanting to make up a hat pattern that I could call the Huggermugger Hat because wearing it felt like a hug for your head. And I've finally done so! I have four in my shop at the moment, all adult/teen sizes, but I'm working on making a child size.

The Huggermugger Hat is crocheted from two strands of yarn held together, so it's extra thick and extra warm. I'll be adding the crochet pattern to my shop soon as well.

In other news, I'm 36 weeks along in my pregnancy today. I had a midwife appointment this morning, and the baby is head-down, in perfect position for birth, so I'm praying it stays that way. I haven't really mentioned being pregnant much here, and that's because there's rarely anything to say -- I'm having a very ordinary, normal, uncomplicated pregnancy, so what's there to write? I've gained 26 pounds so far, the baby's growing nicely and has a strong heartbeat, and I'm pretty much ready for it to arrive any time now :-)

Speaking of baby arrivals, my best friend Julie, who runs the Etsy shop This Cosy Life, had her third child this week, a healthy baby girl. Hooray!

Up next: another giveaway! Don't touch that dial ;-)

2 comments:

  1. That is so AWESOME! The Huggermugger...That sounds just too cool :D
    And it doesn't only sound cool, it looks the part too!

    Congratulations on your normal pregnancy-Personally, I would rather have a normal pregnancy then an exciting one if that makes any sense. Lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hee, I thought it was a nifty hat name too. Glad you like them!

    And yes, a normal pregnancy is much preferable to an exciting one! Here's hoping I have a non-exciting delivery too :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Stay and chat, won't you?