Monday, November 17, 2008

Sunshine on My Shoulder

After four days of gloomy, wet weather, the sun has returned! Okay, it actually returned yesterday, sort-of. It wasn't raining, at least. But today it's full-on sunny at last.

I'm not usually bothered by an absence of sun, but it was so yucky that I couldn't take Daniel outside. And the four days of gloom just happened to coincide with four days when my husband was gone on a business trip -- Daniel and I about went stir crazy! We went to the mall twice just so he could play on the little playground there and I could see something besides the white walls of our apartment. And I couldn't take photos of anything to list on Huggermugger, so I kind of fell behind there too, even though I finished a new scarf days ago.

But it's sunny today, so as soon as Daniel went down for his morning nap, I started snapping pics of my scarf... and my camera battery died. So I put it in its recharger and plugged it into an outlet in my kitchen... and the battery fell out of the charger and under the washing machine! Ack! I finally fished it out after wasting lots of time I could have spent writing for Nanowrimo... and now, of course, it's hours and hours later and Daniel's awake and I haven't had a chance to finish my photo session. Sigh. At least I got to take him out to the playground today!

So I guess I'll list another address book that I took photos of last week. The scarf will have to wait until tomorrow. Maybe it will be sunny again.

2 comments:

  1. Tell me about it! It's been the same here and we hang all our clothes out to dry on the line. Yikes! Though one good thing did come out of it. I ran out of clothes that fit and I've decided to go on a diet. Nothing like trying to squeeze into clothes that fit only last winter to give you that kick in the butt you need.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hee! That's a good point. Nothing like old jeans to make you go, "Ummmmmm." :-)

    I hang all clothes on drying racks inside cuz we don't have a dryer and we're in the middle of a dirty city, so if I hung them outside, they wouldn't be clean for long.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Stay and chat, won't you?